Re: honeywell updating 5192Sd V Plex smokes

On Jun 30, 2:22=A0am, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jun 29, 9:14=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > One of the attributes that many people didn't/don't like about Visonic
> > motion detectors is that they actually "detect" motion. They are
> > described by some as "being too hot". But I think people don't like
> > them because you can't just slap them up on the wall without setting
> > them up and thinking about how and what it's going to see. Many
> > installers would like a motion detector that you can walk around in
> > 90% percent of the detection area with out setting off the detector.
> > You know ..... cuts down on the false alarms. Cuts down on detecting
> > an intruder but ..... hell ...... as long as that little red light
> > comes on occasionally, it's good enough. In their opinion that's
> > "stable"
>
> Which Visonic's are we talking about here? In my experience they were
> too hot however I was dealing with the old Fox and Coral.

By stable I mean less false alarm problems  and very good response
times. I stopped using ESL 20 years ago had nothing but problems with
them 2-3 yrs after they were installed. I have had sevral major fires
in buildings and the System sensor stuff performed flawlessly I can
not say the same with ESL .