Re: BRINKS HOME SECURITY MAY HAVE DIRECT TIES WITH MADOFF

mleuck wrote:
> On Jul 1, 10:34 am, Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> tourman wrote:
>>> RHC:Interesting ! Here there are no such restrictions - hell, we don't
>>> even have the most basic of licensing (nor for locksmithing
>>> either....go figure). All zones with delay means fewer false alarms
>>> (translation; fewer signals for their massive stations to have to
>>> handle  I would guess....)
>> I took a look at the licensing in NYC...wow. They might as well not even
>> have bothered with licensing.
>>
>> NYC lists all licensed persons as an ALARM INSTALLERS, not a alarm
>> contractors. Not all license holders are installers.
>>
>> No documented proof of general liability insurance is kept on file or
>> verified prior to issuing licensing.
>>
>> No license numbers are required on business cards or on all vehicles
>> used to conduct business...
>>
>> So anyone with a few bucks in his pocket can take a test, and get a
>> license within 90 days...what a joke.
>>
>> Jim Rojas
>
> Hey that explains Tom Fowler :)
>
> /now running away

I can understand someone that has been in the business for awhile as an
employee being grandfathered in. But to allow anyone without experience
at all to go ahead and BUY a license defeats the purpose.

Florida is way different:

1. You must be a florida resident for at least 3 years.
2. You must show prior experience for a minimum of 5 years.
3. You must have an active corporation on file with the state.
4. You must show proof of general liability insurance, workman's comp,
vehicle insurance, and a valid tax id & resale number on file prior to
being accepted to taking the exams.
5. Upon license renewal, you must take state required continuing
education courses, and provide updated proof of insurance etc.

This has just about eliminated all the fly-by-nighters here.

Jim Rojas