Re: SURVEILLANCE

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C9FC7A.2F3DAAB0

1- Your recorded email "now@xxxxxx" does not work Please correct.=20

2- You can easily setup a dial up connection to the remote house and =
view the camera remotely.=20

in your network connection menu you should create Dial up connection  of =
2 type:

A- at remote (parents Home), a connection that accepts incoming calls=20

B- at your client's computer create a dialup connection to call out.

here is some additional instructions for Windows XP systems (other =
windows versions are very similar):

It is very possible to connect to your Father's home via a telephone =
line (and a modem). Actually I have 4 cameras at the cottage and from =
time to time I call in to check the surroundings.

It is much slower than ADSL modem .

Trying to view archives is so slow that it is not advised.

Make sure the modem at your father's places installed and working. If =
you are using Windows XP=20

Go to "View Network Connections" (via Control Panel)=20

Create a New Connection

select Setup an Advanced Connection

select Allow incoming Calls , Next

(system will display your modem) select the modem as point of incoming =
calls)

Select the User IDs from the list of users (you need user ID and =
password when you call from outside to login)

Set up properties for this connections (e.g. Answer the calls after 4 =
ring if you wish to allow someone answer the phone before Computer) Set =
up the IP address range (e.g. 192.168.3.100, 192.168.3,102)

At you (remote site) you should also add a new Network connection ,=20

select Connect to Internet , Next

select Connect to the network at my Work Place , Next

select Dial Up next

for Company Name enter (Dad's) Next=20

For Phone Number put your dad's Tel. Number. Next (adds a new short =
"Dad's" , Next (will add a new short cut on your Network connections =
list,

By clicking Dad's short cut your computer should call the other PC and =
ask you for User ID and password to login.=20

Once connected you have a direct link to the other computer with your =
specific IP. depending on your camera at the other side you can view jus =
like you are on a local network (but slower)

Good Luck=20

Behzad / Toronto

"AlarmGuy" <now@xxxxxx> wrote in message =
>I have a customer that wants to be able to put a camera at their parent =

> house to check on him from time to time to make sure he is alright.  =
He fell=20
> the other day and nobody new anything was wrong for a couple of hours. =
 Does=20
> anyone know of a camera that can be used that would work with just a =
land=20
> line?  He does not have internet.  I know I can get an IP camera and =
cheap=20
> dsl for them but thought I'd see if anyone knew of a camera that could =
be=20
> used just over a phone line.  TIA=20
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C9FC7A.2F3DAAB0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>
<P><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D3>1- Your recorded =
email=20
"now@xxxxxx" does not work Please correct.</FONT> </FONT></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial>2- You can easily setup a dial up connection to =
the remote=20
house and view the camera remotely. </FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial>in your network connection menu you should create =
Dial up=20
connection&nbsp; of 2 type:</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial>A- at remote (parents Home),&nbsp;a connection =
that accepts=20
incoming calls </FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial>B- at your client's computer create a dialup =
connection to=20
call out.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial>here is some additional instructions for Windows =
XP systems=20
(other windows versions are very similar):</FONT></P><FONT =
face=3DArial><SPAN=20
lang=3DEN>
<P>It is very possible to connect to your Father's home via a telephone =
line=20
(and a modem). Actually I have 4 cameras at the cottage and from time to =
time I=20
call in to check the surroundings.</P>
<P>It is much slower than ADSL modem .</P>
<P>Trying to view archives is so slow that it is not advised.</P>
<P>Make sure the modem at your father's places installed and working. If =
you are=20
using Windows XP </P>
<P>Go to "View Network Connections" (via Control Panel) </P>
<P>Create a New Connection</P>
<P>select Setup an Advanced Connection</P>
<P>select Allow incoming Calls , Next</P>
<P>(system will display your modem) select the modem as point of =
incoming=20
calls)</P>
<P>Select the User IDs from the list of users (you need user ID and =
password=20
when you call from outside to login)</P>
<P>Set up properties for this connections (e.g. Answer the calls after 4 =
ring if=20
you wish to allow someone answer the phone before Computer) Set up the =
IP=20
address range (e.g. 192.168.3.100, 192.168.3,102)</P>
<P>At you (remote site) you should also add a new Network connection , =
</P>
<P>select Connect to Internet , Next</P>
<P>select Connect to the network at my Work Place , Next</P>
<P>select Dial Up next</P>
<P>for Company Name enter (Dad's) Next </P>
<P>For Phone Number put your dad's Tel. Number. Next (adds a new short =
"Dad's" ,=20
Next (will add a new short cut on your Network connections list,</P>
<P>By clicking Dad's short cut your computer should call the other PC =
and ask=20
you for User ID and password to login. </P>
<P>Once connected you have a direct link to the other computer with your =

specific IP. depending on your camera at the other side you can view jus =
like=20
you are on a local network (but slower)</P>
<P>Good Luck </P>
<P>Behzad / Toronto</P></SPAN></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>"AlarmGuy" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:now@xxxxxx";><FONT size=3D2 =
face=3DArial>now@xxxxxx</FONT></A><FONT=20
size=3D2 face=3DArial>&gt; wrote in message </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:wCiKl.36715$19.16108@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";><FONT size=3D2 =

face=3DArial>news:wCiKl.36715$19.16108@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</FONT></A><=
FONT=20
size=3D2 face=3DArial>...</FONT></DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>&gt;I =
have a customer=20
that wants to be able to put a camera at their parent <BR>&gt; house to =
check on=20
him from time to time to make sure he is alright.&nbsp; He fell <BR>&gt; =
the=20
other day and nobody new anything was wrong for a couple of hours.&nbsp; =
Does=20
<BR>&gt; anyone know of a camera that can be used that would work with =
just a=20
land <BR>&gt; line?&nbsp; He does not have internet.&nbsp; I know I can =
get an=20
IP camera and cheap <BR>&gt; dsl for them but thought I'd see if anyone =
knew of=20
a camera that could be <BR>&gt; used just over a phone line.&nbsp; TIA =
<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt;</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C9FC7A.2F3DAAB0--