Re: Power832 "Stay" wont work

Inline:

Guy wrote:
> Here are some of the changes I made:
> 1. In [016], I turned option 7 off so that the system doesn't check
> for telephone line.

The TLM option is in section 015, option 7, not 016.

> 2. In [301] [302] [303], I removed the telephone numbers for the
> monitoring company.  I'm thinking of programming my cell phone.  Not
> sure if that will work.

No, sorry, it won't work with your cell phone.

> 3. In [371], I set to 9999 so that the alarm doesn't do a test.

Why in the world would you not want a periodic test?

> 4. In [401], I turned off option 1 so that if someone calls twice the
> system won't answer the phone.

O...K.

> I forgot to mention that I added a smoke detector last year. Here is
> the Zone programming:
>    1 = 05: Interior, Stay/Away (Motion)
>    2 = 05: Interior, Stay/Away (Motion)
>    3 = 05: Interior, Stay/Away (Motion)
>    4 = 01: Delay 1 (Main door)
>    5 = 03: Instant (Other door)
>    6 = 03: Instant (Patio door)
>    7 = 03: Instant (Garage door)
>    8 = 03: Instant (Other garage door)
>    9 = 07: Delayed 24 Hour Fire (Hardwired)

Where did you connect the hardwired smoke detector?

> Here's what happening: The Clock is displayed on the LCD and the
> Ready Light is on.  I hold the "STAY" button for 3 seconds.  Then the
> LCD says Bypass, and the Ready and Alarm lights are on.  The alarm
> doesn't sound when I open a door.

You need to let the exit delay expire, then open a door. The bypass
indicator is supposed to come on if you arm in the stay mode, and have
interior zones on your system.

--
js

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
John Wooden