Re: Hayes 1200 8 & 10 Dips

I have had much better luck with Napco panels using the Cardinal 2400
modems.  They work great with all my Napco panels, and I do not recall
having to set anything.  Just tell the software (DOS and Windows both) what
modem I am using.  I have a couple of those Cardinals.  I only use the Hayes
1200 10 dip for FBII panels now, and I never did get any 8 dip models to
work with them.

"ABLE1" <royboynospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I can't believe this was dug up from 2007.  Amazing!!!!!
>

> "chinnese" <juanh_at_digisolution_dot_biz@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> chinnese had written this in response to
>> http://www.secure-gear.com/alt.security.alarms/5/Hayes-1200-8-10-Dips-article34873-.htm
>> :
>>

>> -------------------------------------
>> ABLE_1 wrote:
>>

>>> Hello all,
>>
>>> I just picked up a spare 1200 Smartmodem and it has 8 dips instead of
>>> 10
>>> dips like my other unit.  I need a little help with the settings for
>>> the
>>> DIPS.
>>
>>> On my 10 dip unit I have  1 - 7 -  9 - 10 switches UP.  And it works
>>> just
>>> fine.  I have tried those settings and others on this 8 DIP unit with