Re: Hayes 1200 8 & 10 Dips

chinnese had written this in response to
http://www.secure-gear.com/alt.security.alarms/5/Hayes-1200-8-10-Dips-article34873-.htm
 :

-------------------------------------
ABLE_1 wrote:

> Hello all,

> I just picked up a spare 1200 Smartmodem and it has 8 dips instead of
> 10
> dips like my other unit.  I need a little help with the settings for
> the
> DIPS.

> On my 10 dip unit I have  1 - 7 -  9 - 10 switches UP.  And it works
> just
> fine.  I have tried those settings and others on this 8 DIP unit with
> out
> any luck.

> Anyone know (Attn: Jim Rojas???) what the settings are for the 8 dip
> version??

> I keep getting a "Modem Initialization Error".

> I have googled but only got references that ended up as bad links.

> I am using Compass -- DL900 -- Sentrol -- and a few others of similar
> magnitude.

> Thanks in advance.

> Les

I am having the same problem my 1200 external haynes with the new gemini
1632 control panel works great with the old panels but not great with the
new ones any ideas out there.

Delivered via http://www.secure-gear.com
The Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry
alt.security.alarms - 44842 messages and counting!