Re: Snow on house causing wireless trouble

On Feb 2, 12:28=A0am, Frank Olson <use-the-email-
li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Petem wrote:
>
> > <JediSp...@xxxxxxxxx> a =E9crit dans le message de groupe de discussion=
 :
> > 145bc6fb-fb69-4147-97c1-e686fb534...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> I posted in November about some problems with my wireless alarm setup.
> >> I had some very good replies saying that something must have changed
> >> in my home etc. Well you guys were right. I think it had something to
> >> do with the mountain of snow on top of the house. Replacing batteries
> >> actually helped but I was still getting erratic behavior from some of
> >> my keypads and sensors. Now that some of the snow is melting
> >> everything is working great.
>
> > SNOW!! wow!!
>
> > I never imagine that it could be a problem with a wireless system but
> > now that you bring that up...its a possibility..
>
> It's the lead fallout in the snow... =A0It was bound to get here from
> China some day... =A0:-)- Hide quoted text -

for all the hooray about 900 MHz it has its problems.  deflecting off
items where lower frequencies do not.
the one 900 MHz that does work all the time is inovonics other wise i
stay with the 305/350 stuff
it also has a lot to do where the receiver is located and how much
metal  is in a structure some metallized wall paper causes problems as
well.