Re: Does Carbon Monoxide rise or fall?

<me@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:qnn8p4t0qgnu6jjler8seonad2ou39jj97@xxxxxxxxxx
> Chip C <chipc_0517@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>I have a combination CO-plus-flammable-gas (not smoke) detector. Its
>>instructions were to mount high in rooms where natural gas is being
>>used, low if propane is being used (which should be news to nobody in
>>this group). It says that CO mixes uniformly in air and that CO
>>detection is equal no matter the mounting height.
>
> Agree with the placement of the unit
>
> But was told NOT to buy the combo units

And do not buy anything but a digital readout.  If threshold level is 500, I
want to know if it is at 450.  Screamer units only go off if there is a lot
of CO.  I want to know if there is, say, a level that is 30% of safe, and I
want to find out why that lower level is even present.

imo, ymmv, and all that crap

Steve