Re: Snow on house causing wireless trouble

On Feb 1, 11:12=EF=BF=BDpm, JediSp...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Feb 1, 9:44=EF=BF=BDpm, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=
d>
> wrote:
>
> > I would think that would help, seeing as though the snow is outside the
> > house and the radio waves are inside.
>
> > --
> > **Crash Gordon**
>
> Thats what I would of thought also. Radio waves can be unpredictable.
> Their characteristics also change depending on the frequency from what
> I've read. =EF=BF=BDI suppose it could still be something else but I don'=
> know what. =EF=BF=BDIf I notice problems again after a big snow I will be
> quite sure the snow is causing the trouble.
>
> I think they should bump up the power in wireless transmitters. Even
> if the battery was every year instead of 2-5 years it would be more
> reliable. =EF=BF=BDAnyway once i have more time I'm going to convert to m=
ostly
> wired.

Although I've used wireless system for many years, I still will make a
wired system first choice mostly for other reasons than have been
discussed here.

Increasing the power output would infringe an FCC limitation on this
type of equipment. Usually the upgrade is in the sensitivity of the
receivers. But, of course this has it's disadvantages also.

So ............. in the interest of inquiring minds .............. we
hope you have a lot more snow.

Keep us posted.