Re: Linear - how to tell if remote has armed system?

On Feb 2, 5:23=EF=BF=BDpm, DeanB <deanbrow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Feb 2, 1:20=EF=BF=BDpm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 2, 1:46 am, DeanB <deanbrow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > I want my wife to be able to _know_ that the alarm is armed after she
> > > has reversed out of the garage and is sitting on the driveway. How ca=
> > > I do that? No way can she hear the chirp.
>
> > > I know its got something to do with automation output, but I have no
> > > idea what that means. (Some help would be really appreciated!)
>
> > > Thanks!
>
> > That's rather a vague question without knowing anything about your
> > system.
>
> > I've set up systems that will turn on a lamp in a room that's visible
> > from the front of the house.
>
> > Street Smart has got a remote arming key fob that has an outdoor LED
> > kit.
>
> > There are good and bad things associated with doing this.
>
> > Give us some details and perhaps we can make some suggestions.
>
> Thanks for the replies - this is the system I have:
>
> 24-Channel Supervised Wireless Security Console
> Model Number: DVS-2400
>
> I like the idea of a light in the house. Do you have to buy some kind
> of a relay for this to work?-

Uhhh!

I have no idea what that is.

But, usually a (good) control panel has some kind of output that can
be tapped when the panel arms. Lesser panels usually don't. Once
obtaining an output voltage upon arming, you can attach a relay whose
output can trigger an X10 module that will send a signal via the
110VAC wiring in your house, to another X10 module that your lamp in
plugged into. Some of the better panels are X10 compatable and you
just need to get the manufacturers module to send a signal to other
X10 modules ........... in other words you don't need to futz around
with attaching a relay to some point  or logic output terminal on the
printed circuit board.