Re: Brinks

G. Morgan wrote:
> Injun Ear wrote:
>
>> G. Morgan wrote:

>>> True. ;~)
>>>
>> OK, Jim and G Morgan.  I'm being educated here.  Looks easier all the
>> time.  So, if I go with a Vista 20P, all I need is the mainboard and the
>> keypad??
>
> Correct.
OK, now it remains that I call Brinx and see if I'm not bound by contract
or something.  I had them install their system over 10 years ago in
our other house.  When we moved over here, there was already a system
in place.  They just transferred everything.  That has been about
8 years ago.  If they'll let me out, I can then buy the Vista 20P
I had already looked at the one you refer to on Ebay.  But it expires
in 5 hours.  Maybe he'll list some more.

Another thing.  My friend called Brinx a couple of years ago wanting to
cancel and they dropped his monitoring fee down to 17 bucks a month.
But I have more things hooked up than he does.  Seems like they charge
extra if you have the smoke & fire alarms.

Thanks for all the help.

I'll probably be back when I start programming!  I might monitor it
myself with the cell phone if that's possible. Get an alarm, call the
neighbors & have them look out the window.  Or just call 911 myself!