Re: Brinks

alarman wrote:
> Injun Ear wrote:
>> I'll probably be back when I start programming!  I might monitor it
>> myself with the cell phone if that's possible. Get an alarm, call the
>> neighbors & have them look out the window.  Or just call 911 myself!
>

> Good grief.

Why Good Grief?  Is that so bad??  The way I have Brinx set up now is
that they call me FIRST.  If they can't get me, then they send the
Swat team.  LOL.  It has saved me from a false-alarm charge from the
local PD on one occasion.  Brinx called and said there was an alarm.
They said it was door #2.  That's the one leading into the garage.
I knew that the outer garage door was closed, so I thought it had
just blown open.  I told them I would check it.  Arrived home a few
min. later and it turned out I was right.

Here where I live, you have to pay 50 bucks a year for a permit from the
local PD.  No permit, no response from them.  More than 3 false alarms,
they start hitting you with another 50 bucks per alarm.

I look at it this way.  If I had my own system and monitored it myself,
I could call the PD and tell them, hey, I just got a call from my
neighbor, etc.  Or I could call the neighbor myself and say, hey, look
out the window and see if there's any strange vehicle at my house.  If
there is, buzz the fuzz.