Re: Brinks

Injun Ear wrote:
> Now have the Visa 20P and 6160.  Reading the instructions.  I'll
> probably start installing it next month since I still have some time
> left on my Brinx contract.  Do I have to put those resistors accross
> each of my sensors?  I have 3 doors, 1 window, 2 motion detectors and
> 1 smoke detector in the hall and 1 heat detector in the attic.
> That's 8, which is the max for this system without going to
> zone-doubling.  Installing looks easier than programming!
>
> The old Brinx system doesn't seem to have resistors, but there is a
> packet of them lying in the bottom of their panel.
>

> Injun Ear wrote:
>> G. Morgan wrote:

>>> Did you get a NEW battery too?  Don't use the one you raped from the
>>> UPS.
>>>
>> Not got a new battery yet...  I have lots of time, since Brinx won't
>> terminate til June.  Meanwhile, I can be getting the V20 ready to set
>> up.  That can include a NEW battery.  There's a battery supply house
>> here in town that carries every kind of battery.  UPS batteries too!
>>
>> Just out of curiosity, what is the problem with the one I raped from
>> the UPS?  It was identical to the bad one from Brinx.  It's still in
>> there and working too.
>>
>> I'm assuming that I can hook up the V20 on the bench with the battery,
>> keypad and AC adapter and program it before I start installing it?

You can program the zones as either end of line supervised or not.  Most
of what you're asking you can find answers for in the manual.  The
Ademco manual is a bit "heftier" than most, but it's well laid out and
easy to understand.  And yes, you can certainly power it up on the bench
and program it.  If you make a mistake, it's easy to default as well.
Good luck!!!