Re: CAN BUS in security ?

> However because I'm very interesting in that problem any advice or
> know-how of existing panels will be very helpfull for me...

The nature of the security business is to be secretive. So I don't think
your going to find much information about the internal workings of security
systems.

Then keep in mind some security systems are also used for health care or
medical alert situations. And the CAN BUS was designed for the automotive
arena. Would this be fault tolerant enough for a situation where someone's
life depended on it working?

How about aircraft networks? What bus do they use? (Can't have planes
crashing because the network failed!)

This is discussed at the following link...
Reliability and stability survey on CAN-based avionics network for small
aircraft...

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login.jsp?url=http%3A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fiel5%2F10454%2F33180%2F01563439.pdf%3Farnumber%3D1563439&authDecision=-203