Re: WIFI In Alarm Panels

"BobbyD" <bob.dolph@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:2ef54ac1-032c-4c47-a73e-183004884e13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Anyone know of an alarm  panel that is now being built with WIFI
> communications in it?

For most I have seen IP communication is an OPTION period using an Ethernet
(cat 5 10/100) module.  I suppose you could use and Ethernet module and add
a wireless adaptor.  The options seem to be a cabled Ethernet module or a
serial adaptor.  Not sure there is a wifi adaptor for RS232 but if there is
that would probably be cheaper than adding the IP Ethernet module.  Slower
too.