Concord 4 - Not so new condition

Installed a Concord V4 today. When I unpacked it I noticed the
individual components(antenna shroud, battery leads, etc.) were not in
a sealed bag like they usually are, instead they were in a similar
sized zip-lock type bag. Also the resistors were bent in a U-shape
like the had all been previously installed on the terminals. I thought
maybe it had been pulled off the line for quality control testing
( yeah, right ) . I powered it up to check function and found the
installer code was not default, although the master code was. It
wasn't a huge deal, alot of times I buy the whole panel just for the
keypad, so I have plenty of extra panels. Probably not even worth
sending back for a replacement.  Still, wish there was a simple
backdoor like the Concord Express.