Re: source for 24AWG / 4 conductor white

On Dec 10, 7:58=A0pm, "Christopher Glaeser" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > IMHO, besides being smaller gauge than usually spec'd, cat3 is too
> > fragile to consider using for burg devices.
>
> Are security cameras considered burg devices? =A0Not trying to push back =
on
> this, just trying to understand the rationale for selecting cable. =A0If =
an
> installation has ten IP cameras using Cat5 and you are asked to add Crow
> Daredevils as PIR triggers, and you need to pull 8 conductors from each C=
row
> back to a power and alarm panel, are you saying that you would not use Ca=
t5
> for the Crows because it is too fragile?
>
> Best,
> Christopher

I use 22 gauge minimum for burg because that is what is spec'd by the
manufacturer of the panels I use. Even if 24 gauge was spec'd, I still
wouldn't use cat3, I prefer stranded for the smaller gauge wires. I've
never used these Crow Daredevil PIRs, why do they need 8 conductors?