Re: Concord 4 issue or user issue?

On Dec 6, 9:38=A0pm, "alarman" <nos...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Effenpig1 wrote:
> > Had a customer call with a issue I've never come across before. Here's
> > what happened: Installed a Concord 4 at her house about 3 months ago.
> > I taught her to arm to stay with no delay at night, and then she
> > changes it to away when she leaves. Her daughter and son-in-law are
> > visiting, she left early in the morning and switched from stay to
> > away. After she left the daughter came out of her bedroom and tripped
> > the living room motion.
>
> > Here's where it gets weird: Son-in-law calls me and tells me what
> > happened, he says he's concerned because "the alarm went off for about
> > 10 to 15 seconds and shut off by itself" ( Not just the siren stopping
> > but a full clear)
>
> > I checked the event logs and heres what I found:
>
> > Zone 11 alarm then =A05 seconds later an E406 cancel/abort by user #
> > U846 ( master code)
>
> > I'm thinking frazzled daughter gets crap scared out of her, panics,
> > punches in code, then somehow forgets that she did it. Her and her
> > husband were the only ones there and he didn't even know the code
> > anyway, so I'm sure he didn't cancel the alarm. Also, there are no
> > keyfobs or wireless keypads/remotes, 2 hardwired ATP1000 keypads.
>
> > I tested the system, arming it the same way they did that morning, no
> > issues. I'm going to run it by GE tech support tomorrow morning. I'm
> > 99.999% sure it's just user error, but that .001% bugs me.
>
> > So what do you think, is it user error? because I can't imagine what
> > else it would be. =A0Any thoughts?
>
> Get ready for a shock.
>
> Ready?
>
> People lie.
>
> To your face. Even though the evidence, plain to all, is there. They lie
> even whe the truth will suit them better. With some people, is't a sport.
>
> Now repeat after me: People lie.
>
> --
> js
>
> Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

I'm not sure what your point is, yes, people do lie. You lie,  I lie,
we all lie. In fact I have an older sister who falls into the category
of "lies for the sport of it".  Very annoying. However, I'm willing to
take someones word to an extent, until proven otherwise. I believe
that the customers daughter really doesn't think she disarmed it.
Maybe, she did remember later on that she did disarm it and was too
embarassed tell me. I'm certainly not going to call her an outright
liar over it.