Re: Wholesale Trends - What's Hot And What's Not

On Aug 3, 2:40=A0pm, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> mleuck wrote:
> > Here is another one Frank
>
> Uh-huh... =A0You have a real need to point these out, don't you? =A0That'=
> OK... =A0Really... =A0We can help you, Mark. =A0This group boasts several
> amateur psychologists, at least two spooks, a couple of chefs,
> fishermen, aviators, yachtsmen, and a psychic along with the regular
> alarm installers, fire protection technicians, alarm company owners and
> monitoring station staff. =A0In fact, I believe there isn't a single
> global problem this group can't solve. =A0IMO, Obama should really start
> reading ASA too. =A0:-)

Mary Murphy
	 More options Aug 3, 4:06 am
Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms
From: Mary Murphy <psiyovnhd...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 02:06:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Wholesale Trends - What's Hot And What's Not
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
The U.S. Census Bureau recently released statistics in wholesale
trends during the past year. These statistics show what has been hot
and what has been not-so-hot between October of 2006 and October of
2007. The list comprises the sales of merchant wholesalers but not of
manufacturers' branches in charge of sales and/or offices. Adjustments
for the seasonal variations as well as the differences during trading-
day are considered but not the actual price changes. The total
wholesale sales of October 2007 were roughly $369.8 billion, up
roughly .7 percent from September 2007 and up roughly 11.5 percent
from previous October 2006.
Durable and Nondurable Defined
Durable goods as well as nondurable goods saw roughly the same
increase between September 2007 and October 2007 of .7 percent.
However, the difference from October 2006 and October 2007 in durable
goods and nondurable goods are significantly different.
Durable goods include such industries as automotive, lumber,
furniture, metals, machinery, hardware, and electrical. Between
October 2006 and October 2007 there was an increase of 11.5 percent in
the sales ratio of merchant wholesalers. Whereas, nondurable goods
include such industries as drugs, paper, groceries, chemicals,
apparel, farm products, alcohol, and petroleum. The difference between
October 2006 and October 2007 was an increase of 17.7 percent in
regards to the sales ratio of merchant wholesalers.
The Wholesale Apparel Trend
There is a fascinating trend when it comes to wholesale apparel from
this time last year to today. October 2006 saw $10.8 billion in sales
by merchant wholesalers; October 2007 saw $10.6 billion in sales by
merchant wholesalers. The difference in sales between September 2007
and October 2007 was a negative 3.3 percent, and the difference
between October 2006 and October 2006 was a negative 1.7 percent.
What does this mean if you are a retailer?
The year 2007 has not been a hotbed of activity when it comes to
purchasing wholesale apparel. While this does not look promising on
the surface, the retailer should keep in mind this simply means that
retailers are spending more frugally than in the past. When the
retailer purchases wholesale apparel, the retailer is looking more
carefully at the options available. Before making a choice, the
retailer is recognizing what has the greatest chance of bringing in an
increased revenue.
The Plan, The Future
The U.S. Census Bureau has given the statistics, and as a retailer,
you are responsible for deciphering the cold, hard facts in a method
insuring you a greater chance of success today and tomorrow. Whether
the retailer experiences an increase or decrease in revenue today, the
future is based on analyzing the facts of the whole as well as
personal statistics from past sales and revenue.
Wholesale apparel is an interesting collage of trendy, chic wholesale
designs, and the statistics of yesterday claiming future success. By
understanding the specific consumer base, the retailer is better able
to purchase wholesale apparel providing a trendy and fashionable
increase in revenue by providing those trendy and fashionable
wholesale apparels most wanted by the consumer base.
The retailer is shopping smarter than ever, and the wholesaler is
providing fashions most wanted by both the retailer and the consumer
base.

It helps if you quote Frank, I just wanted your opinion and you get
all hostile and stuff