Paradox Product Line Problems

I just want to raise an issue that will come up if you use the Paradox
line of products. Bottom line, they are changing panel lines and
keypads so often now that they have failed to keep enough stock of the
older equipment to allow us to provide a decent level of service on
older equipment.

For example, there are no 748 Express panels available for order.
There are no Spectra 1738 high end LCD 1641 keypads available anywhere
should one die (I have over 400 of these in service). There are no
Digiplex 848 keypads available, nor is the 738 Express panel available
any longer (I have 600 of these in service). If certain components
fail, it necessitates changing out the entire system rather than
replacing a single component.

I believe that a company has a responsibility to its customers (us the
dealers) to maintain an inventory of older stock equipment to allow us
to maintain services for our clients for a reasonable period of time
(reasonable obviously being the salient point.....). Think how this
would affect things if automobile dealers did the same sort of
thing.....:(((

I have written the President of Paradox Systems formally with my
concerns. I will keep the group posted on any responses I get. The
world's a different place now with the internet; I hope they realize
that they can't just ignore problems which can affect their bottom
line....

DSC have done the same over the years but not to the same extent. They
have tried to evolve their panels such that keypads have some
compatibility with newer boards, but clearly Paradox have not...