Re: C & K COMMANDER II

"scania" wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with this old Commander II software for
> the C & K 238 panels?  I have loaded it correctly and it seems to be
> working but the modem is not staying connected with the site.   Not
> sure if it is a modem problem or Windows XP issue...

This is only a guess but if it functions like Napco and most other panels, the
238 only sends "carrier" while it is transmitting data.  Most modems hang up
when carrier from the panel is lost.  Napco's solution is a gadget that keeps
the phone line open.  Many dealers just connect a phone to the modem's
"telephone" jack (not the "line" jack) and leave it off the hook during the
call.  You might be able to do the same with your modem though I haven't tried
it with C&K products.  If you do, use a desk phone and disconnect the cord
from the handset so you don't introduce noise on the line.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics