Re: Please recommend cctv dome camera

>Actually the complexity of an IP camera is less than that of a digital
>snapshot camera.

I don't think so.

a.. Recording at the Edge
a.. Estimating bandwidth
a.. Decoders
a.. Point-to-Point
a.. Megapixel cameras
a.. IP Infrared Cameras
a.. IP Extreme Environment Cameras
a.. iSCSI storage
a.. Storage
a.. Reliability
a.. Video compression
a.. Video resolution
a.. Frame rates
a.. Audio
a.. Adding Recording
a.. Automatic Network Replenishment
a.. Migration strategies
a.. Video over IP Templates
a.. Video Management Systems
a.. Intelligent video analysis

<wdoe999@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Jul 25, 5:37 pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> wdoe...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Must be economy of scale, or just ripoff.
>
> Or that annoying "knock", "that it can't be far from the computer (USB)",
> might have something to do with it.

 Yes there is the addition of an ethernet interface,
but there is the absence of:
LCD screen
Battery
Flash
Human interface software and buttons/switches
Large amounts of storage/memory
Decent zoom lens (at least the IP cams I have seen have nothing
equivalent to even the cheapest of snapshot cameras)