Re: Changing User Access Code on Ademco Vista 20P

On Aug 3, 9:43=A0pm, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jamie Houston wrote:
> >> Try Master Code + 8 + 03 + new code
> >> Keypad will beep once if successful.
>
> >> Jim Rojas
>
> > Thank you for the reply. =A0What you typed is what I've tried. =A0It
> > doesn't give any extra beeps at the end.
>
> > Should I press something else at the end? =A0To let it know it's only 4
> > digits? =A0Do I need to be in programming mode? =A0I wouldn't think so.
>
> Aside from all the other advice you've been given I should point out
> that the Ademco product you're using "forgets" the digits you've pressed
> if you allow more than about two seconds between button pushes. =A0If
> you've managed to change the codes in other locations, chances are you
> have the "master" or "manager" code.
>
> Hope this helps.

I've managed to change some things.  I've gotten into the program
mode, using what I thought was the master code.  And the alarm company
didn't have anything to do with the programming of the alarm or sale
of it.  It's a new construction that was never monitored before I
bought the house, so I'm tasked with setting it up (or the guy that
installed it will come out for $75/hour).

Jim - thank you for the offer.  If I can't dig up any other codes or
get this working I'll give you a call.