Which system is better?

We are modernizing our home and want a security system.  I am not
familiar with a monitored system as we have always had just a local
alarm in the past. Can I get some honest input from people with such a
system as to reliability and response time. This will help me make a
decision. I am considering Electrowatchman, A.D.T., and Brinks. Maybe
you all know of better ones. Thank you very much !!!