Re: Edmonton, Alberta

On Apr 13, 10:25=A0am, "Petem" <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "tourman" <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> a =E9crit dans le message de groupe d=
> discussion :
> 0db7a4b7-b7a0-41c7-ae98-59951e259...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> > The alarm business =A0here slowed slightly when the economy took a dump=
,
> > but it seems to be pretty steady now. It doesn't seem to have affected
> > my business at all. We seem to be insulated from a lot of it due to
> > Ottawa being a "government town". Housing starts and housing
> > construction generally are still strong.
>
> Here is Quebec its still going strong, we had a small bump in
> november/december, but it got back on track in january, in fact january 2=
009
> had 35,6 % more hour done in commercial/industrial project then in januar=
> 2008..
>
> the residential side was about the same as in 2008

RHC: Petem, that brings up a good point. Business IS booming for me as
well and most other small companies I know of in my area. I can't keep
up, and continue taking on AND turning away takeover business at a
record level (the ones poorly installed). New installs are steady at
just the right rate....

Perhaps the security business is more "recession proof" than a lot of
other businesses. Or perhaps it's just that Canada hasn't been hit
with the same level of economic doom as the rest of the world. Who
knows ? Definately our banks are more stable since they are much more
conservative than US banks and didn't allow themselves to get caught
up in the corporate greed of "liar loans" and "balloon mortgage
payments".

But I'm only guessing; I don't know any more than anyone else does.
But sometimes it seems as if the media live in a different world !!
(nor would that surprise me since most of them couldn't give you an
accurate weather forecast if they were standing in the rain
naked....:)))) But whatever the reason, lets hope business keeps on
coming and we can work our way out of this global recession. May 2009
be a good year for us all....