Re: New Veritas R8 Install

On Apr 4, 3:37=A0am, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Most alarms come up the way they go down...some have a programmable optio=
> to not (which I think is very dumb).
> No I don't think you can get into programming of any panel while it's arm=
ed
> except remotely - with software.
>
> Did you buy this panel new?
>
> --
> **Crash Gordon**
>
> "alarman" <nos...@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Crash Gordon wrote:
> >> The way I read it, the Engineers code and default user code are just
> >> that...defaults, so you'd not need to do anything until (and if) you
> >> want to change them.
>
> >> If =A0you've not got the panel all wired up, there's a good chance
> >> there's a default fire zone that is causing it to go "off"
>
> > I remember some of the older panels would power up armed. Could that be
> > what is happening here? You can not enter programming if the panel is
> > armed.
>
> > --
> > js
>
> > Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.
> > Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.- Hide quoted text -

Hi Gordon,

yes it was bought from security warehouse.  I did see a small dirt
mark on the case when I opened the box which made me think on a bit.
However the instruction manual and keypad were sealed - but they could
have been added to a re-issued box I suppose.  I can't have done
anything except reset to the default values.  As the default codes
don't work does this indicate a duff main board or a re-issued board
with other codes?  Is there any point in looping out all the PIRs and
Exit switch, looping out the tamper alarm and just connecting the
odyssy box (which seems to function correctly as per the tests in the
veritas manual) to try and get it up and running?

Thanks,

Alan