Re: Test

"Jim" wrote:

> It is mentally healthy to be happy when things turn out good.  We each
> choose what we want to believe, as being the source of the event.

That is true on both counts.  Faith is a choice.  It doesn't "happen to" you.
You make a decision either to believe or not to believe.

> One thing I've noticed about many religious people is that they don't allow
> for the possibility of there being any alternatives. Which flys in the face
> of the nature that's all around them, that was supposedly created by
> whichever god they may choose to believe in.

I can't speak for others and I wouldn't call myself a "religious person" in
the sense that some might use that expression.  I do believe and I try to
behave accordingly but I often fail to measure up to His standard.  I do allow
for the possibility that "natural" causes, chemotherapy or whatever might have
been the agent that healed me.  But then, nature itself is (in my belief)
God's creation.  So is the doctor and so are the chemicals they used to try to
beat the cancer.  In the final analysis, whatever the agent may have been, it
is God who does the healing.  At least that's what I choose to believe.  You
choose to believe otherwise (so far).

--

Regards,
Robert