Re: ADM Monitoring

"Anonymous" wrote:

> ...They have no license to monitor in many states they operate in...

They're probably reselling the services of licensed monitoring companies.  In
many states that is not a violation, especially if they have no physical
presence (nexus) within the state.  In Florida this came up for question years
ago when I was reselling the services of a UL-listed monitoring facility
located outside Florida but only to clients also located outside the state.
Someone bitched to the state and an investigator came to my office.  After
examining the business he decided there was no violation of Florida law and
the matter was dropped.

Some time later I decided not to continue offering monitoring services as
collection from out-of-state accounts became more trouble than it was worth.
I imagine it could be profitable if I had the time and manpower to keep[ after
people for routine bill payments but my business is too small for that.

Deliberately going after your clients before their contracts expire can be
considered tortious interference (a civil matter).  However, if these
companies are only advertising their services and are not directly targeting
your clients you'll have difficulty getting the courts to do anything for you.
It's probably not illegal unless they are located in a state which requires a
license so your state attorney might not take an interest.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics