Re: 60-806 help

brihyn wrote:
> ok, so common story, we bought a house that had a GE 60-806 security
> alarm system, and previous owners claim to have no idea what the codes
> were.
> Last night I decided to start screwing around with it to see if I
> could make any guesses. Wife suggested the street address, and that
> didn't work, so I tried the address backwards (or so I think) and
> voila, I was suddenly armed in stay mode.
> Butttttt....
> I can't turn the dang thing off. 1 <backwards address> (or anything
> resembling the backwards address...numbers out of order, partial
> numbers, etc) won't turn it off.
> Unplugged the unit and battery overnight, but as I feared, the armed
> status must stay in memory, as it is still armed 16 hours later when I
> plugged it in. Left a door open as it beeps down to arming thinking
> maybe that would suspend the arm mode, but yeah, just sounded the
> alarm (luckily there's no longer phone service to the unit)
> Soooo...
> any way to force this thing to disable? am i missing something and the
> code that i thought i entered last night just isn't working? (i enter
> one, it asks for code, i enter the 5 digits, nothing happens)
>
> If I"m ultimately forced to push the thing back to factory defaults,
> is there an installer manual somewhere? and if I have to buy the
> programmer keypad for the panel itself, anyone have a cost and/or
> link?
> Frustrated and locked in,
> Brian

When you started pressing keys randomly I suggest that you entered the
"quick arm" shortcut.  The only way to turn the system off is via one of
the user codes.  You won't be able to enter programming until the system
is disarmed.  Unless some kind soul can provide you with the previous
owners user code, you're hooped.  Now...  If some kind soul had
programmed a keyfob for arm/disarm, you only have to find that.  Good
luck!!!