Re: Anyone using perimiter fence protection

"JoeRaisin" wrote:

> Oh Please!
>
> They both handled the military in the same way.

Uh, no.  Obama never put our troops in harm's way based on a pack of lies.
Obama is trying to undo the terrible damage that Bush did to our military
personnel.  For example, Bush left thousands of Iraq veterans without needed
medical help.  Obama won't do that.  Unlike Bush, he actually cares about the
men and women in uniform.

> They gave guidance and let the onsite commander make the calls.

Bush never gave guidance.  He just sent them in without a plan.

> Are you trying to say that Obama has not broken any promises?

He's a politician, so no.

> Are you happy with his cabinet appointments?

So far, so good.

> Did you hear that the IRS (under the dubious leadership of a tax cheat)...

That's a pretty strong choice of words.  As I understand it, there was an
error in his reporting which he admitted when his accountants discovered it.
He paid the IRS in full, including interest and penalties.

I noticed that one (SC I think) senator tried to hold up the appointment of a
bona fide war hero who lost both her legs when her helicopter was shot down
over Iraq from appointment to the VA.  This is a woman who is revered by
veterans of all parties but a Republican senator held up her appointment for
weeks without cause.

> How about some of the things he has talked about or others of his ilk have
> proposed in legislation?
> Firearms licenses (with intrusive applications)...

Obama never proposed that.

> centrally monitored/controlled thermostats...

That's not even physically possible using current technology.

> centralized database of health records

Great idea.

> elimination of the secret ballot.

No such law is proposed.

> Yeah... that's what we need.

Just what the doctor ordered.

> We have merely traded in the Bushwaffen for the Obamastasi.

I'm unsure what either of those terms means.  It appears that Obama, unlike
Bush, actually cares about America and Americans.  Is he perfect?  No chance.
Will he make mistakes?  Sure.  The difference is he's basically an honest
person (to the degree that one can expect from a politician).  Bush is a liar
who slew thousands of American troops on the altar of his own ego.  Obama is
brilliant, yet humble whereas Bush was stupid, yet arrogant.

> They are both (along with their parties) dedicated to the centralization of
> power in DC which flies in the face of the tenth amendment.

I'm in favor of centralizing power in Sarasota.

> Now we have the situation were, while it is a terrible thing to profile
> mullahs who purposely act provocative in an airport, We have to keep a close
> eye on the conservative guy who made it back from Iraq and now wants nothing
> more than to provide for his family by the sweat of his brow and would like
> to keep just a little bit of the fruits of his labor...

Those guys, American heros, were abandoned by Bush and just about every
previous administration.  Obama is finally trying to do something to help them
out.

> Oh yeah, and, horror of horrors - he goes to church...

So do I.  That doesn't get me anything special in this life -- only in the
next.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass