Re: Anyone using perimiter fence protection

"JoeRaisin" wrote:

>> Did you see the movie, "Being There?"  Every time someone
>> told the star something he would say, "I understand..."  :^)
>
> Okay - so you are admitting we have a moron in charge of the treasury.

Nope.  Just having some fun.

> Neither - I'm talking about the amount he dishonestly tried
> to avoid paying and wouldn't have had he not been appointed
> to head up the treasury department.

It's just as easy to assume there was evil intent as it is to assume it was an
error.  I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt.

>>> I don't see a problem with my choice of words.
>>
>> You're entitled to your opinion.  So am I.
>
> Yes, however in this case your opinion is based on rationalizations and a
> desperate hope that the politician you support is not just as greedy, power
> hungry and dishonest as the politician you don't support.

So you're saying that Bush, Cheney, McCain and Palin are all "greedy, power
hungry and dishonest?"  Excellent.  I knew we could fing common ground if we
worked on it long enough.  I commend your honesty.

Now as to Obama, he's a politician so I will never completely trust him.  But
I believe he's basically honest, patriotic and a decent person.  He's also
more intelligent and learned than pretty much the entire right-wing,
Republican base combined, which will come in handy while trying to undo the
terrible damage Bush has done.

>> So he decided to hurt veterans in order to get even with Democrats.  Real
>> patriotic, eh?

I notice you haven't yet responded to this comment.  An oversight I trust.

>> Let's see.  I'm a bald, white guy.  So is Cheney.  Does that make us the
>> same "ilk?"  Naah, I never actually shot anyone and I never ordered anyone
>> water boarded.  Then again, I never managed to get any of my ilk to capture
>> Leuck so...  (only kidding)  :^)
>
> Since you are apparently not sharp enough (or are you simply being
> purposefully obtuse) to follow the context of the conversation I will spell
> it out - democrats.

Do you think all Democrats agree on these matters?

>> Wow!  What an excellent idea.  Instead of losing the entire grid during
>> extreme load conditions, the utility could send an RF signal out to lower
>> the load from HVAC systems.  Of sourse, if one happens to be a nutcase
>> conspiracy theorist, this could be construed (in said theorist's mind at
>> least) as "Big Brother."
>
> Well now that's a far cry from "That's not even physically possible using
> current technology" isn't it...

Perhaps I should have said, "using equipment and systems which currently
exist."

>> You mean HIPAA?  The act doesn't prevent a centralized database.  It seeks
>> to reduce unauthorized disclosure.  From what little I know about HIPAA it
>> doesn't seem to be effective.  It does an excellent job of creating lots of
>> extra paperwork, though.

>>> Card Check...
>>
>> Explain, please.
>>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Card_check

I looked at this and it apparently has nothing to do with HIPAA.  Please
explain.

>> Nope.  You'r the first to use the expression that I ever noticed.  Maybe
>> one of my "ilk" posted it here some time but I don't recall some stuff from
>> the pre-chemo days.
>
> Given your political statements over the years, you claim that you NEVER
> heard the term Bushwaffen requires, as Hillary said, the willing suspension
> of disbelief...

I never heard the expression before.  Believe what you will.

>>> but now that the shoe is on the other foot you are going to try and make
>>> it appear that such games are silly - which of course they are.
>>
>> Agreed.
>
> But I'm still gonna do it since annoying political ideologues of either ilk
> has become my new hobby.

You assume more zealoutry than there is.  I make no bones about the fact I'm a
liberal Democrat.  However, unlike ideological Republicans, I actually support
some members of the other party.

>> That's not what the CIA (not Obama) said.  They warned local law
>> enforcement that right-wing groups might try to *recruit* returning
>> veterans.
>
> It was a blunder made by an Obama appointee - if it weren't a blunder why
> would Janet Napolitano apologize and wish she could re-write that portion.

It was an unfortunate choice of words, but the point was (and everyone knows
it) that the CIA was concerned that right-wing crazies would try to recruit
returning veterans.  I don't know how old you are, but I recall what happened
when thousands of veterans returned from Vietnam to a country that did almost
nothing to help physically and emotionally wounded victims of another
senseless war.  There were a number of those folks who got sucked into serious
hate groups.  Does that mean that Vietnam vets are terrorists?  No, but some
were made easy targets for extremist propaganda, at least partly due to
governmental failure to give them the support they both needed and deserved.

BTW, it has always been a source of disgust and embarrassment to me that a
small group anti-war activists spat on US soldiers as they returned from that
war.  They should have saved their saliva for the politicians (of both
parties) who sent them there in the first place.  Veterans should be treated
as heros, regardless what role they play in any war.

> I have watched the left blame Bush for the stupid or nefarious actions of
> every cabinet appointee...

Well, you have to admit that people like "Heckovajob" Brown made it easy to
do.

> civil servant and Army private for the last

Uh, no.  We don't pick on civil servants or army privates -- just jackass
appointees who allowed a city to drown while they looked for a good place to
eat and that sort of stuff.

> eight years.  Again, shoes on the other foot and left wing extremists are
> now trying to pretend such things didn't happen.

You figure every Democrat is a "left wing extremist?"

> I guess that makes you one of those (according to B.O.) who are "clinging"
> to their religion...

It beats clinging to most other stuff.

--

Regards,