Re: Test

On Apr 3, 9:38=EF=BF=BDpm, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "Jim" wrote:
>
> > If one believes that prayer actually works, it means that they have nev=
er
> > questioned why the events that necessitated it had occured in the first
> > place.
>
> Good point. =EF=BF=BDThis is a question among believers, too. =EF=BF=BDWh=
y does God allow pain
> and sickness? =EF=BF=BDFor me the important thing is trying to maintain f=
aith even in
> the face of sickness and possible death. =EF=BF=BDI can't say I never dou=
bted. =EF=BF=BDThere
> have been times when I really wanted to give up. =EF=BF=BDStill, a spark =
of faith
> stayed alive in me through it all.
>
> There's an author named Philip Yancey who wrote several interesting books=
 on
> things like "The Problem of Pain" and "Where is God When It Hurts?" =EF=
=BF=BDI read
> these years ago and what I learned is that pain and sickness can drive us
> toward faith or from it. =EF=BF=BDThe direction is our personal choice. =
=EF=BF=BDI don't know
> *why* I got sick. =EF=BF=BDI only know that medicine didn't cure me. =EF=
=BF=BDGod did
> something incredible for me. =EF=BF=BDWhy He chose to do so for me and no=
t for some
> who are far better than I is beyond my understanding. =EF=BF=BDI'm just t=
hankful He
> did.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert

It is mentally healthy to be happy when things turn out good.
We each choose what we want to believe, as being the source of the
event.

One thing I've noticed about many religious people is that they don't
allow for the
possibility of there being any alternatives. Which flys in the face of
the nature that's
all around them, that was supposedly created by whichever god they may
choose
to believe in.