Re: Why Your Yugo Doesn't Perform Like a Cadillac

"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Most simply can not afford even a decent video system.  "Box Club" is the
> only real solution for them, but I still will not sell or install those
> because they will eventually not be happy, and they will remember the
> features I mentioned were capable with better systems and claim I lied to
> them or ripped them off.
>
> Sometimes though you have a customer you have done work for, fixed
> problems for, they like you, and have always paid your service bill
> without question. You just don't want to piss them off, but in order to do
> that you have to make them understand what they have.  That's why I
> started this thread.

We all have those types. They are tied to 6 other customers and may even be
a pain the arse but they pay. I have heard it referred to as TLV. A customer
has a "total life value". That is when a customer that has been with you
for10 years, started with his condo, has moved 4 times adding a new system
with each move, added his business, referred 6 other good paying customers
who each have moved and added there businesses, etc. etc. That is the TLV of
that first customer. Piss them off and you can screw up the TLV. However,
these are the types that will listen to you since they look at you as the
expert anyway.