Re: Test

"Jim" wrote:

> If one believes that prayer actually works, it means that they have never
> questioned why the events that necessitated it had occured in the first
> place.

Good point.  This is a question among believers, too.  Why does God allow pain
and sickness?  For me the important thing is trying to maintain faith even in
the face of sickness and possible death.  I can't say I never doubted.  There
have been times when I really wanted to give up.  Still, a spark of faith
stayed alive in me through it all.

There's an author named Philip Yancey who wrote several interesting books on
things like "The Problem of Pain" and "Where is God When It Hurts?"  I read
these years ago and what I learned is that pain and sickness can drive us
toward faith or from it.  The direction is our personal choice.  I don't know
*why* I got sick.  I only know that medicine didn't cure me.  God did
something incredible for me.  Why He chose to do so for me and not for some
who are far better than I is beyond my understanding.  I'm just thankful He
did.

--

Regards,
Robert