Re: Anyone using perimiter fence protection

On Apr 22, 2:03=EF=BF=BDam, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I here you, but there's another side to the parking story. =EF=BF=BDA whi=
le back I was
> very ill due to the chemotherapy. =EF=BF=BDIt was painful and very diffic=
ult for me to
> walk even a few yards. =EF=BF=BDI asked my doctor if I could get a handic=
ap tag to
> hang on my mirror. =EF=BF=BDHe said they are very hard to get from the st=
ate so I
> figured the hell with it -- I only went out occasionally for a few months
> anyway. =EF=BF=BDEvery so often I'd venture to the grocery store and find=
 myself
> walking past the handicap spaces only to watch some healthy, young schmuc=
> park in one of them (mo tag and no special license tag), hop out and spri=
nt to
> the store. =EF=BF=BDIf I saw a cop in the lot I'd have asked him to ticke=
t the jerk
> but it never worked out that way.

Yeah, I know. I see that h appen here too.

> During the last year or so of my dad's life he really needed one of those
> stickers, too. =EF=BF=BDHe had a lot of trouble walking but never did get=
 the special
> plate. =EF=BF=BDOnce in a while we'd have trouble finding a place near th=
e entrance at
> a rest area and he'd have to struggle to get into the building just to re=
lieve
> himself. =EF=BF=BDI really wished we would have had one of those tags jus=
t for him.
> Well, he's gone now and I'm getting better so we've no need but my mom is=
 88
> years old. =EF=BF=BDWhen she starts to need help walking, hopefully not t=
oo soon, I'll
> do whatever it takes to get her the handicap plate. =EF=BF=BDRight now sh=
e's still
> pretty spry though.

I don't begrudge the people who require the permits..... it's just
that there's so many of them that qualify for them in Florida, which
says alot about the populace. Up here, even in the largest parking
lots, there's maybe a dozen or so designated parking slots and they're
never all used. ( even by the people who don't have the permits!)