Re: Any knowledge / insight / info on DMP panels?

> Bob LaLonde has some kind of personal issue with DMP, not sure what it is,
> but I've never had a problem with them.

Well I suppose credit card fraud is personal, but hey.  Its atleast partly
my own fault for trusting that Dave Sharp would honor his word and credit
the charge on my credit card like he said he would and pick up the materials
he sent me that I didn't order.  I called him.  He said he would make it
right.  He didn't.  I guess I should have assumed he was dishonest or woud
blow me off from the start, and just had the charge reversed myself instead
of waiting until it was too late.  My bad.  Notice how I have absolutely no
fear about saying this publicly?  That's because I documented it and saved
it.  The statute of limitations on it has expired by now I am sure, but it
does not change it.  I did say I thought their panels were ok.

> am one of 4 DMP dealers in a 10 mile radius of my office, one dealer is
> very big, the other is like me a little guy who cares. I've known both
> companies for 20+ years and we each help either out when needed. In fact I
> have a pre-nup with one of them that if something  happens to me, he has
> right of first refusal if she want to sell out. My other buddy has 2nd
> option...so I have backups for everything even myself :-)

Good plan.  I have something like that with one of my competitors.  I didn't
think any other small dealers thought about things like that.  I got my DMP
panel clients from a small dealer who didn't when he died.

> Any reputable dealer would have a plan to take care of his clients if
> something happens...doesn't much matter with the big guys because they're
> not "real" people anyway.

LOL.

> Personally, I see this as the only shortcoming in using a small
> company...but if they have a backup plan...no problem.

Changing providers if you become dissatisfied can be an issue with any size
company.