Re: Bosch Solution Alarm Help

Ian wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 20:37:51 -0800, Frank Olson
> <use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Ian wrote:
>>> I have a Bosch Solution alarm "Ultima 880" Australia
>>> To go into my daughters house.
>>>
>>> From what I have read, to get 8 sectors out of it,
>>> you need to use "Split EOL resistors" 3k3 & 6k8   1%
>>>
>>> Am I correct?
>>>
>>> Any hints for install?
>>>
>>> Thanks ....Ian
>>>

>> Do you have the manual??
>
> Yes have manual,
> it does need split eol resistors
> for the 8 sectors
>
> Thanks Ian

I wouldn't even attempt an installation without the manual.  It gives
you minimum wiring requirements, connection and programming
instructions.  For anything involving fire detection, it also gives you
the list of compatible detectors.  If you're having problems
interpreting sections of the programming instructions (because you're
unfamiliar with the protocols or terminology), feel free to ask for
help.  I think you'll find most of your answers in the manual, though.
It may take you a couple of "reads" to get it all.  One more thing:
Most manufacturers provide manual addendums (in the form of single or
multiple page sheets packed with the panel/manual).  Don't throw them
away!  :-)