Re: Brinks Home Security Monitoring For $8.95

Anonymous Sender wrote:
> Are you tired of Brinks' endless rate increases?
> Moved into a home with a Brinks system in place?
> Or are you thinking of canceling your contract with Brinks?

1.  Rate increases are a part of the Brinks PSA which the customer
agrees to when he signs the contract.

2.  If you've moved into a home with a Brinks system, then you are not
obligated to continue with their service.  Chances are though, you don't
"own" the equipment either and Brinks has the right to recover it at
their convenience.  If you are in a home with a Brinks system, have a
look around.  Make sure all the entry points are protected (doors and
accessible windows).  Is the smoke alarm monitored by the system?  If
you are considering retaining their equipment, then you should contact
their office and request a quotation.  Chances are they'll charge you a
nominal fee for account setup and their standard monthly rate.  I would
suggest contacting a couple of local alarm dealers (not affiliated with
any national company) as well, and have them come in and provide you a
quote on replacing the Brinks equipment (and providing any additional
coverage you might need).  You might be pleasantly surprised as to how
inexpensive upgrading to something a little more comprehensive than a
Brinks system really is (and having your home locally monitored is a bonus).

3.  If you're thinking of canceling your PSA, make sure you've
familiarized yourself with all the terms before you take any action.
You could be liable for additional fees resulting from early
termination.  You could also lose the equipment installed in your house
when Brinks decides to recover "their" equipment.