Re: rbl inlaws spotted

"Jim Rojas" wrote:

> My ancestors in Puerto Rico lived that way probably 200 years ago. We all
> have these ancestral roots swinging from our family trees.

>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7426794.stm

All of our ancestors lived that way at some point.  Though the OP was just
being his usual, nasty self, he doesn't know that I made contact with an
aboriginal tribe in the Amazon last year.  It wasn't the sort of "contact"
that movies are made of.  Our guides were Indians.  Their tribe has been
dealing with "civilized" visitors for decades, working as fishing and travel
guides, building lodges and even cutting airstrips near the river for fishing
parties' access.

The guides speak Portuguese and their own tribal language (I think it was
Guarini but I might be wrong).  For the first couple of days I didn't let on
that I understand Portuguese.  It was fun listening to the jokes and comments
about us "gringos".  On the third day, when I hooked a 22-pound peacock I
shouted "beleza!" (beautiful).  The guide gave me a sly look and asked, "Voce
fala Portuguese?"  After that the guides mostly spoke their own dialect.  I
promised to learn their language before I come back next year.  :^)

As to the OP, his take on the above story only shows what an inerudite boor he
is.  The Brazilian Indians I got to know were uneducated but far more
intelligent than many of the IB who post here.  I could have easily taught
several of the guides to install alarms but I doubt any of these morons could
survive in the Amazon.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass