Re: Battery Load Testing

On May 16, 7:37=EF=BF=BDpm, Joe <s...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> it gives me voltage and Ah rating that I can write down on the form for
> proof the battery is still good. =EF=BF=BDgreat for fire alarm inspection =
forms.

Ahh .... I don't think you can qualify that as "proof"

All that does is say that you say that you saw something on a meter
that you wrote down on an inspection form. But it's not "proof" You
could misread the meter or even lie and no one would know the
difference.

And what would the Ah limit be?

I'd be curious to know if whatever your low limit is ..... is about
the same as leaving the resistor across the terminals for a minute and
not going below 12 volts. I'd guess it's pretty damn close.

> =EF=BF=BD what info does the old school tester give you for documentation?=

It tells me don't muck around recording readings .........either it's
time to change the battery ..... or it's not.

By the way, I always mark the installation date on the battery too. So
even if it reads good, if it's anywhere around 3 or so years or older,
it gets changed anyway.

But .... then again, I don't do commercial fire. I understand you may
need this kind of information to appease the egos of the AHJ's