Re: 4 employees fired following robbery not using code

On May 22, 3:43?pm, "nick markowitz" <nick-markow...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> www.wnd.comcrime net daily column is reporting a check cashing company has
> fired 4 employees who followed robbers instructions not to use the ambush
> codes on security systems as they were forced to disarm security systems
> .despite check cashing
> company policy demanding they use it. sounds like inside info and an
> employer being morons for not having other back ups in place.

So the employer is saying that ...... even though the guy holding the
gun said, not to use the ambush code (with, what I would imagine
included the spoken or unspoken threat, that if the police showed up,
they'd shoot the employee .....) the employer thinks that the employee
should risk his life for the company.    Is that about it?

I hope they take the time to explain that company policy to the
replacements.

Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.  I know in our businesses my folks
always told all of our employees to cooperate 100% with any armed robber as
no amount of money or merchandise in the store was worth an employees life.
In over 30 years owning a country grocery and convenience store we had one
armed robbery and only half a dozen burglaries or attempted burglaries.  The
worst loss ever was from an inside job.  Fortunately the FBI caught him
first.