Re: Anti-theft devices

"Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:OtW_j.51046$7a.30289@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Has anyone dealt with any anti-theft products that they can recommend. My
> client has six little Sony cameras on tripods, at the desks, that they use
> in their training programs. It seems the cameras have a tendency to walk.
> am looking for something that can be attached to the camera (cosmetics are
> important) and that will notify the security control center, which I plan
> do over the access control system, since they are monitoring it anyway. I
> have looked at Protex Intl, but they don't have a unit with an alarm
> output.
> Any recommendations?

Why not just go wireless with a micro Txmitter and a small gauge wire that
could be looped thru a portion of the camera.  The Txmitter could be mounted
(stuck) to the bottom of the tripod.  Somebody disconnects the camera and
breaks the wire loop it is alarm time.

Then on the other hand they are taking the camera with tripod this plan will
not work.  Need to work up plan "B".

Good luck.

Les