Re: FYI ADT fans

On Mar 7, 11:23 am, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> tourman wrote:
>
> > RHC: There are different kinds of "shit". Personal stuff that relates
> > to people I don't bother with; it has no place on a professionally
> > oriented newsgroup. Stuff that relates to industry practices is fair
> > game.
>
> OK...  So the next time he spams the group with reams of useless shit,
> or flames the individuals in this "professionally oriented newsgroup",
> you're going to just ignore it (as you have in the past) because it's
> "personal" and not related to "industry practices".  Check.
>
> Bass recently characterized the supposed actions of a direct online
> competitor (Nassau Security) as "criminal" although he's never provided
> either examples (of criminal behaviour) or any further information.  In
> the very same post, he'd also falsely accused me of "recommending" them
> (and even gone so far as to say that I listed them on my website at one
> time).  So where would you suggest we "draw the line"?  What "industry
> practices" would you consider "fair game"?  I'm not trying to be
> confrontational, Bob.  I'd just like you to expand upon your comments.

RHC: Frank, I've been on this newsgroup for many years and I've stated
my position many times. I am here to comment on our industry, to give
what little technical assistance I can to people coming on line, to
learn from the many professionals here who are far more capable than I
am on technical matters relating to those aspects of electronic
equipment that interest me. Period !! I will NOT engage in any manner
of personal attack on anyone here (although I've come close with one
of the members I have to admit, but then who's perfect ! ) As soon as
I see a thread going downhill to personal levels (and it seems most
do...), I don't even bother to read it anymore.

Nothing personal here Frank, but I don't give a damn what anyone
thinks of how I conduct myself on the newsgroup. Keep it civil, and
I'll discuss things even if they get off topic. Get insulting to
anyone in any fashion and I'm gone ! This is not the real world; it's
only a friggin virtual newsgroup for Chise sakes ! If I choose to
actually meet anyone on the group (and I have), it has nothing to do
with the newsgroup - period !

Lately, I have really begun to doubt the worth of continuing here. Few
newcomers come in these days without having to endure the usual litany
of sarcastic comments simply because they may be trying to find
information which some in the group feel should be the domain of
professional installers etc.Or they endure insults because they won't
hire a professional company to do the job.Those who engage in that
level of comment really ought to ask themselves how their customers
would see them, and whether or not they would act that way if the
party asking the question was indeed a paying customer.

That's all I have to say......