Re: BRINKS MAYBE UP FOR SALE REAL SOON

Crash Gordon wrote:

>Guess you haven't used Usenet much.

Ummm, no... I hardly know anything about it.  Usenet is that Google Groups
thing right?

>Yep, it's faster, the reponses are on top, most of the thread is contained
>BELOW ... you don't have to read it but it's there for context IF you need
>it should a thread get split or  partially expire and disappear.

It's faster for *you*.

>If you've been following a conversation you DONT need to scroll...if your
>memory sucks and you do...then ginko biloba may be prescribed.

I follow a lot of conversations, that's exactly why I *do* need to see the
replies in context.

>You don't find it incredibly annoying to have to scroll down on every
>message to see the reply hidden there?

No.  My hand is already on the mouse and I just spin the scroll wheel - it
really doesn't require much effort.

>Lazy dunno...faster definitely! I work a lot of usenet groups everyday so
>top posting is much more effective.

I'm subscribed to over 30 groups - and many of them would not tolerate a
habitual top-posting sloth. :-)  So it looks like I'm not going to sway your
opinion, oh well I tried.

--

-G