Re: Changing the chime on a Scantronic SP750

Crash Gordon wrote:
> or put tape over the sounder; technically we call this 'stuffing a sock in
> it'

Yeah - like the workers at a big chain store my company services.  They
have a large graphics board at the customer service desk that alerts the
clerks when an unauthorized door is opened or a fire or supervisory zone
is tripped with a light and a piezo.

Of course they find too hard to ignore with that damned sounder going
off and every once in a while some brilliant person will crumple up a
bunch of paper or a cloth and stuff it against the sounder behind the
graphics board.

I have found a couple of browned and crispy from the heat (even the
cloth ones).