Re: Have Your Installed Smoke Detector In Home/Office

TomFred wrote:
> On Mar 27, 3:01 am, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLB...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "TomFred" wrote:
>>
>>> Every 83 seconds a fire stats...
>> 83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
>>
>>> and in some cases lives are taken...
>> In other cases only the money is taken.
>>
>>> So every one should know how serious asmokedetectororsmoke
>>> alarm is...
>> As opposed to heat detectors which are only kidding?
>>
>>> They sense the first sign of flame...
>> Actually, they sensesmoke.  Flame detectors sense flames.  We probably ought
>> to install one on this newsgroup.
>>
>>> give the earliest alarm so people can survive by getting the most precious
>>> in a fire incident- the time to run.
>> Walk, please.  No sense getting hurt from a fall.
>>
>>> Mostsmokedetectorfall into two types - inolization type...
>> Uh, yeah.  Nothing like expert advice.  :^)
>>
>>> and photoeletronic type. Inolization alarm has edge in sensing small
>>> particles ofsmokeproduced by flaming fires, such as chip pans...
>> Chip pans?  Used to carry winnings in Vegas?
>>
>>> The laser one is more expensive but more effective at detecting larger
>>> particles ofsmokeproduced by slow-burning fires, such as smouldering
>>> foam-filled upholstery and overheated PVC wiring.
>> Lasers, huh?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>> Robert L Bass
>>
>> ==============================>
>> Bass Home Electronics
>> 4883 Fallcrest Circle
>> Sarasota · Florida · 34233http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
>> Sales & Tech Support 941-925-8650
>> Customer Service 941-870-2310
>> Fax 941-870-3252
>
> not lasers, the "later" one
I think you meant 'latter' which would indicate the second of the two items.

Don't sweat it.

I think you will find that most here advocate use of the photoelectric
ones (pure conjecture on my part based upon the folks I know in the
alarm industry - I could be just as wrong as the day is long).

I prefer photoelectric because I believe that most (not all) residential
fires begin with a period smoldering.