Re: Handheld Programmer For Brinks Security Panels

Red wrote:
> Just asking may get you sued!!!  We don't know anything about Brinks.

We know a lot about Brinks.

> Aren't they an armored car company?

That's them.

> There is no such thing as a Brinks programmer in private hands.

That's patently false.  There's no such thing as a "Brinks programmer"
either.  It's a DTI, Scantronic or Acron unit.  Brinks buys them and
slaps their labels on them.  There are plenty of "Brinks labeled" units
out there "in private hands" (most can be purchased off eBay).  It would
be far less frustrating for a homeowner bent on cancelling their PSA to
replace the equipment with something a little more "generic".  I've been
given to understand that certain programming sections (of the Brinks
badged) Honeywell and Scantronic panels can't be altered.