Re: Have Your Installed Smoke Detector In Home/Office

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "TomFred" wrote:
>>
>> Every 83 seconds a fire stats...
>
> 83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Yes, you rarely use numbers, but prefer to use terms like "most", and
"always"...

>> and in some cases lives are taken...
>
> In other cases only the money is taken.

That's not necessarily true.  If you purchase something with a credit
card, you often have more recovery resources available.  Consumers also
have the option of obtaining a report on the company they anticipate
doing business with.  There's "ripoffreport.com", and the Better
Business Bureau.

>> So every one should know how serious a smoke detector or smoke
>> alarm is...
>
> As opposed to heat detectors which are only kidding?
>
>> They sense the first sign of flame...
>
> Actually, they sense smoke.  Flame detectors sense flames.  We probably
> ought to install one on this newsgroup.

No need.  They're easy to spot.  Just look for "Robert L Bass" in the
right hand column.

I personally think discussion of smoke detectors would be good.  There's
always more for you to learn about, Robert.

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com

"It only implies that I don't sit back and let you post more false
accusations without responding." -  Robert L. Bass