Re: off topic here ?

"Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:B3d6k.7287$3F5.5630@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Don't see you registered under the CCR registration or on the GSA or Snaps 2
> schedule program...

You not seeing something doesn't mean it's not there.  It just means you
didn't see it.

> This is where the government and military have to buy
> under pricing guidelines and from those that are registered. They can only
> buy incidental items outside the schedules, which amounts wouldn't support
> your idea of dedicating a website to government/military...

When I first started an online store to augment my brick and mortar alarm
sompany, other folks in the trade said pretty much the same thing -- there's
not enough DIY business out there to make it worth your while.  Needless to
say, they were wrong.  As to government buying outside GSA, the limits vary
from agency to agency.  I'm perfectly content (for now) fulfilling $3-30K
orders from this place and that, along with all the non-governmental orders as
well.  FYI, there's a nice set-aside for small business which allows even
small companies like mine to compete.  In addition to government buyers, we
are also getting routine orders from major corporate giants.

> Besides, the margins are so low that you would have to cut your parties down
> in size and
> charge admission...

Not any time soon, friend.  The margines run almost the same as to the general
public and payments for larger orders are always by check or wire transfer.

> You won't get a RFQ/RFP unless you are registered....

I am and I do.  You just don't know.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass