Re: FIRE !!!

Joe wrote:
> Bob Worthy wrote:
>> "Joe" <spam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>>
>>> shouldn't we be getting money for all those old batteries?  wonder what
>>> the scrap value is?
>>
>> About the same as the value of the copper in scrap 2 conductor wire.
>>
> oh, man,  now I gotta start saving that too!?

Scrap yards around here will give you a buck a pound for wire.  They
don't seem to care what kind it is; my co-worker just collected a tote
full of tails and scraps from the last few months' installs and took the
thing in to a scrap yard, where they just threw the whole thing on a
scale and gave him $50 for the contents.